Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm on teh interwebz!

Wow, I have a blog.

I guess my intention is to have a little space of my own to document my thoughts, ideas, and important things in my life - mainly my creative endeavors and efforts to get around on two wheels rather than four.

I've only recently started considering cycling as a primary mode of transportation (instead of purely recreation), so I'm shopping for a comfy city bike and working on developing legs of steel to get me up Calgary's hills. Having always been so reliant on my car - especially since I live in the 'burbs - this is going to be a long process but I'm very excited! I'm going to get fit, have fun, save $$, and do my small part for the environment. OK, maybe bike shopping doesn't translate to saving $$ right now but it will in the long run, right? I don't think I will be able to completely forego the car but I would like to integrate cycling into my life as much as possible.

I also knit, but that seems to be taking a back seat to the bike search. My Tea Leaves Cardigan is begging to be finished but I need a beautiful bike on which to wear it!

Well, that's a start. More to follow as the bike search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment