Monday, October 11, 2010

Better Late Than Never... W's First Ride of the Year

W picked up his new Brodie Section.7 from BikeBike on Saturday. Here he is, riding it around the parking lot:





I was very excited to have a new cycling buddy so we decided to explore our neighbourhood a little. No city bike yet, so I rode my Trek.


This bridge connects our community to the next one over (which has a lot of amenities we need to get to - library, shopping plaza, restaurants, etc.). Beats riding on the main roads (Stoney Trail, Country Hills Blvd.), which are extremely busy and always full of impatient motorists. I've witnessed enough accidents on these roads that I'm quite happy there is an alternative!




Some of the views from the ride back - complete with my finger in the first shot.




I like cattails.


We were surprised at how easy it was to get to the shopping plaza. Normally it would take us 10-15 minutes to drive there. Cycling there would take us a little bit longer, maybe 20-25 minutes, but it's a nice ride (gradually downhill and very scenic). The ride back is obviously a little hilly but it feels good once you're done! I'll be even happier with the ride once I get my city bike. I found myself wanting a more upright position to take in the sights along the way. I already have the handlebars positioned relatively high on the Trek, but it still doesn't feel quite right. I'll get into more detail in a later post, but I'm really pining for a less rugged and more comfortable, functional bike. Speaking of which, BikeBike has apparently placed their Linus order. I'm not sure when they'll arrive, but I can't wait to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment